Sunday, September 2, 2012

Toy Soldiers

    Currently it’s 12:16 AM September 3rd, but that’s subject to change. I’m practicing one of my most honed skills right now in the dead of night – procrastinating. I’m putting off sleeping because I want to watch anime, I’m putting of choosing a new anime to watch because... Well, a million excuses can be made to creatively place the fact that I don’t want to.

    Procrastination: the art of not wanting to do anything. Why not write tomorrows blog post? I’ve had some ideas churning through my head recently and I feel that if I don’t dump them out like a plate of leftover spaghetti spilled on the floor, I’ll... Actually I’m not entirely sure what happens at this point in the analogy. Hopefully, the ensuing tangled and noodly mess will be interesting to look at to say the least.

    Imagine children playing with toy soldiers. In their heads they concoct grandiose plans of domination and conquest. Glory for the sandbox they call the motherland is to be won. And they line them up, toy soldiers, row by row, bent scuffed and tangled. In their eyes though, a flawless army. The lines are drawn, the rules agreed upon and the battle begins. Little green men march in, broken green pieces flow out.

    From up high, everything looks like toys – little toy people. From afar, people act like children. Children playing a game with little toy soldiers. What would the war be like  should the toys be lost? If the soldiers stayed inside that day, called in sick, didn’t show up for work; who would be paid to die?

    Imagine soldiers sitting at home, drinking coco, while the children look for toys to fight a war.

No comments:

Post a Comment